Prince George's County, Md. Roads Closed | Weather
UPPER MARLBORO (WUSA) -- Prince George's County has 12 roads and 2 state roads closed due to the recent rain from Tropical Depression Lee. High water and accidents were reported on Maryland roads Wednesday afternoon, and rail service was delayed.
The Prince George's County Department of Public Works & Transportation says the following County roads are closed as of 10:30 p.m. (they do not include roads where high water warning signs have been placed):
• Sunnyside Avenue @ Edmonston Road, Beltsville
• 6700 Glenn Dale Road, Glenn Dale
• Old Baltimore Avenue @ Edmonston Road, Beltsville
• Sweitzer Lane @ Van Dusen Road, Laurel
• Croom Station Road @ the bridges in from both directions, Upper Marlboro
• Governor Bridge Road, Bowie
• Brock Bridge Road, Laurel
• Contee Road @ Mayfair Drive, Laurel
• Van Dusen Road @ Old Gunpowder Road, Laurel
• Sweitzer Lane @ Van Dusen, Laurel
• South Springfield Road @ Accokeek Road, Clinton
• 11700 block of Brandywine Road, Brandywine.
The State Highway Administration is reporting the following high water:
• Water Street, Upper Marlboro
• Indian Head Highway (210)Service Road
Residents should call the Prince George's County Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T) automated customer service line at 301-499-8520 to report any roads that are flooded and/or impassable.
The Maryland Transportation Authority said CSX and Amtrak were experiencing flash flood conditions which could affect afternoon MARC service. At 5 p.m. MARC officials said it had delays on all three lines due to high water. Delays ranged from 15 to 60 minutes.